Need recommendation for portable source with Google Music support
May 13, 2020 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ilia7777

Head-Fier
Guys, it has been ages since I wrote anything here. I need an advice from local experts. I have a pretty sophisticated system in my car with Focal speakers etc, because its old and because its almost impossible to do good integration with JL Audio cleansweep in a Porsche I have to use regular aux (standard headphone cable). I was pretty happy with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ until I lost it in Kuala Lumpur and made a mistake of buying a cheaper A71 as a replacement which turned out to have a crappy DAC. So I'm shopping for a good portable source. What I need from it is just three things:

1) Ability to add max storage (up to 400 Gb)
2) Support of Google Music is a must
3) It has to have a screen big enough because I just can't read small type
4) Good battery life
5) A sound that will at least outperform most phones include top Iphones. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

What do you recommend ? I don't have time for lengthy research

I got Astell&Kern SR15 and returned it same day. I didn't even listen to it. What pissed me off is a lack of Google Music support, the fact that its too small and I could barely use it even with glasses on and the last drop was when I paid for Tidal which in spite of me being in Russia worked great on my phone and desktop but for some reason the damn tiny piece of crap wouldn't even let me log in. As far as I'm concerned I don't care how good this amazing device sound wise is its of zero use for me.

May 13, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #2 of 2
Guys, it has been ages since I wrote anything here. I need an advice from local experts. I have a pretty sophisticated system in my car with Focal speakers etc, because its old and because its almost impossible to do good integration with JL Audio cleansweep in a Porsche I have to use regular aux (standard headphone cable). I was pretty happy with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ until I lost it in Kuala Lumpur and made a mistake of buying a cheaper A71 as a replacement which turned out to have a crappy DAC. So I'm shopping for a good portable source. What I need from it is just three things:

1) Ability to add max storage (up to 400 Gb)
2) Support of Google Music is a must
3) It has to have a screen big enough because I just can't read small type
4) Good battery life
5) A sound that will at least outperform most phones include top Iphones. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

What do you recommend ? I don't have time for lengthy research

I got Astell&Kern SR15 and returned it same day. I didn't even listen to it. What pissed me off is a lack of Google Music support, the fact that its too small and I could barely use it even with glasses on and the last drop was when I paid for Tidal which in spite of me being in Russia worked great on my phone and desktop but for some reason the damn tiny piece of crap wouldn't even let me log in. As far as I'm concerned I don't care how good this amazing device sound wise is its of zero use for me.

By the way for all these portable sources is their bluetooth output any different from a regular phone ? I would guess not, cause its all digital

Users who are viewing this thread

Back