Need recommendation for DT-1770Pro or Sony WH-1000XM2/B
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jinu117

Head-Fier
Some base lining. I had Audiotechnica ATH-A900 for long time prior, moved over to DT-1770Pro 2 years ago and been enjoying it on my main computer. I tried few amps around $100 mark on that computer and didn't get anything out of it (it has good dac with amp on board for headphone specific driving etc and my computer case is very well shielded and grounded properly).
Currently, I am commuting on Train and using it in office too so... about 2-3 hours on my Galaxy S7 and solid 6-7 hours on Macbook Pro 15" Macbook Pro is acceptable but Galaxy S7 is... well.. flat out not acceptable.
Most of things i listen to are premium subscription of spotify (320kbps MP3). I have some FLAC here and there from my collection I do listen to but I probably am sitting down at home and listening to those.
So I am looking for recommendation where I can
1) Improve quality on Galaxy S7
2) Maybe on Macbook Pro
3) Maybe on my Main Rig (not as concerned at this point)
My budget would be around $300.
Some options I thought about was...
1) Sony WH-1000XM2/B and use it on Macbook Pro in office and S7... I would imagine it would sound better on S7 then current at least... not sure on Macbook Pro side of story. Bit easier to use than chugging cabled full headphone back and forth as well as having no control of music on phone itself.
2) Get some kind of DAC/AMP combo or just AMP that is portable... so open ended one on this.
3) Maybe get a different phone (G6 international or V30) which I would imagine would be at least as good as Macbook Pro. This would most likely only temporary solution as I will change phone in a year or two...

Maybe you guys have even better ideas... any suggestions ideas would be great! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back