Need recommendation for BIG bass in-ear for my Oculus Quest 2
Nov 1, 2020 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shaolin95

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!
I am looking for something that may not exist lol
I own the Sony MDR-XB90EX which is great when using my phone and EQ but with the Quest 2 I am missing that BIG bass I want from my games to make them more exciting.
I can use my Skullcandy 360 BUT is a bit small and not super comfy for my taste so I was hoping to find an earbud that had a lot more bass. Again, probably looking at something impossible but why not ask? :D

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 6
your MDR-XB90EX should be pretty capable of some good bass I would assume? perhaps you can use a dongle/amp to feed that huge dd some more power and throw a few db on the bass (from a vr user that uses a ex800st balanced from a dac amp)?
I got the Skullcandy EVO and makes for a much more immersive gaming experience now :)

Aug 8, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #6 of 6
My friend recommends the Sony XBA-N3. Quite expensive, but it's got big bass and great mids for games.
those would be amazing too I think, only annoying thing about these sony big dd iems is that they need power and most likely eq for your tastes so just plugging into a quest/reverb g2/index or something will usually not be better than plugging in a more sensitive iem which also has no need for eq stock for your tastes. although, if you can use an amp dac with some in built adjustable eq like the qudelix 5k, then these sony iems trump other average iems imo in this use case. also gotta mention that getting your hands on an n3 isn't so easy, although you can use an international transfer shipping service and find a deal on e-earphone in japan as they pop up fairly often on really good deals albeit with a big wait time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back