need reasonable rca Interconnects.
Oct 8, 2003 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 11
for what it's worth, i happen to really like radioshack fusions. not that i've heard any real audiophile cables in my time but fusions certainly have a very real and noticable improvement in extension and control over generics.

edit: oh yeah, and the fact you can buy them and return them to a real brick and mortor store within a week if you don't like them is a nice plus.

Oct 8, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 11
you might need another period in there.
tongue.gif

http://www.heartlandcables.com

Oct 8, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 11
I just ordered a pair of Heartland cables interconnects: the Belden 89259 with Bullet Plugs. $50! That's ridiculously low for this type of cable. The plugs alone cost more than that retail!

I'll let ya guys know how it works out - so many people like Belden 89259, and tons have said the bullet plugs are so good that I have high hopes for this budget cable.

-dd3mon

Oct 8, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
for what it's worth, i happen to really like radioshack fusions. not that i've heard any real audiophile cables in my time but fusions certainly have a very real and noticable improvement in extension and control over generics.

edit: oh yeah, and the fact you can buy them and return them to a real brick and mortor store within a week if you don't like them is a nice plus.

I just picked up a pair of these ratshack IC's and non-bunred in they are amazingly better than the generic POS cables they replaced
eek.gif
It's like night and day. Those old ones made the sound muddy and compressed sounding compared to these. And to think this is the improvement from the cheapest "good" cables out there.

Oct 8, 2003 at 9:11 AM Post #7 of 11
a pair of RCA to RCA Monster Studio Link 500's would run $30, I'm not sure how they would compare to the fusions though... I am kinda curious though... anyway, these can also be picked up at a brick and motar shop (Guitar Center)

Oct 8, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 11
There is a guy over on the Audiogon sight that sell an IC called MagWire. These start at $25 for the naked version and I have found them to be an outstanding value. He goes by the name Motoman. These are not shielded by the way.

Oct 8, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #11 of 11
A guy's selling a used pair of .5M Zu Oxyfuel cables on Audiogon for $45 (the price on the classified is $125 but if you click on it you'll see that it's for 2 pairs of zu cables and these, alone, are $45.
I don't know if that length will work for you and I realize that $45 isn't under $30 but it's a good deal and you might want to check it out.
They normally sell for $80 new, here's the link:

http://www.zucable.com/oxyfuel/index.html

Good luck, hope you find a pair you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back