Need REALLY low profile XLR cables for back of Schiit Lokius
Nov 14, 2023 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mattlach

100+ Head-Fier
Here's the problem.

The XLR cables I have interfere with my monitor stand, meaning I can't push the damn thing back.

1700009100296.png

Most "low profile" cables and 90 degree adapters I have seen poke out WAY further from the back of the connection than seems necessary.

I need some that are truly low profile, but I seem to be having a difficult time finding any.

Here is an example:

1700009503587.png

This connector claims to be "low profile" connector. The A section obviously needs to be there to fit into the connnection. The B part of the connector is HUGE. It could easily be a third of that size.

Here is another one:

1700010123655.png

Look at how ridiculously long it is before the bend. It is crazy that they call this connector "low profile"

So are there any REAL low profile cables/connectors? Appreciate any recommendations.

Bonus if they have availability in 3ft lengths.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 3
So, I gave up on really low profile connectors. Instead I raised my monitor by about 2mm, so I could now fit to stack my Lokius on top of my Jotunheim.

It works, but I hope it doesn't trap too much heat...

1700201187845.jpeg

Just wish those damn power switches weren't on the back. It's tough to reach in there. Maybe I'll hook up some power switch on the input power instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back