NEED QUICK BIT OF HELP!!!
Jan 7, 2005 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

emadgin

Head-Fier
I have searched and read a bunch of threads regarding tri-flanges that i want to purchase for my e3c's. I just don't know if i should get the ety's or the shures and which ones are more comfortable and sound better. I typically use the foamies however the small dark grey soft flex is the only other tip that provides good isolation and sound for my ears. i would like to order them today so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 5
I bought the shure triflange from http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/
for about $10, and quite frankly didn't like them. They went painfully deep so I had to nip the tip flange, and shorten the stem. That worked for a little bit, but the ultra softs are still my go toos.

Jan 7, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 5
I've bought both. I'd recommend the Ety tri's. You get five pairs for something like $18 vs. one pair for around $10. Regarding size / comfort, etc., they appear to me to be exactly the same the last time I purchased them. I did notice the Shure's changed a bit from what they were two years ago, but now the Shure's and the Ety's are the same EXCEPT for the length of the stem. The Shure stem is much longer. I don't understand why it's so long, and I'm not sure they are made to fit anybody. It will certainly need to be cut.

Get the Ety tri's. :wink:

Jan 7, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke
I did notice the Shure's changed a bit from what they were two years ago, but now the Shure's and the Ety's are the same EXCEPT for the length of the stem. The Shure stem is much longer. I don't understand why it's so long,

I do understand why they are so long.
Ety triflanges in combination with Shure IEMs are too short.Your ears may vary, but it's easy to cut them.OTOH how do you prolong Ety triflanges in case they are too short?

Jan 7, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 5
I find the Ety triflanges work well with the E3c and my ears. I use them almost exclusively as I'd end up cutting the Shures to almost the same length. As people have said your results will probably vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back