Need power cable for my DAC, or a new one.
Aug 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
I haven't been in the Head-Fi game for a long time because all of my cans got stolen. I'm starting to get back into things after a couple years and getting my old equipment out and got my amp (little dot II++) up and running and bought a pair of M50's. My DAC is an old Entech Number Cruncher 205.2 and I cannot for the life of me find the power cable. After googling around I still have no clue where to get a replacement. All I came up with was this thread: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-100374.html -- they basically just say I need a 16v ac adapter I think. I went to radio shack and they only had 15v as the highest.

If I can't find one, I'm willing to get a new DAC, I don't want to spend a lot but I just want something that accepts optical (usb would be nice) and will sound better than my MacBook Pro. If there's something less than $100 that would be great. I'm assuming that any DAC would be better than my onboard audio and I'd like to get a pure line-level output to my amp. If it works with my iphone 5 it's a plus but not required. Maybe something like the Fiio D3? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back