Need personal advice from fellow head-fiers.
Feb 17, 2008 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
If it's been a while since I've been opinionated on head-fi, it's definitely been a looong while since asking for the professional advice of the head-fi massive.
biggrin.gif

I'm in the market for a new PMP.

Last three contenders for me is the Q5W, Cowon A3 or the Archos 704.

Top three in terms of importance for me is:
Supports FLAC
Digital out
Long battery life

If anyone owns any of the above three models (or can suggest something else) - I'm all ears (so to speak). I would probably read your post rather than use my ears to try and hear it. OK, I'll shut up now.

Feb 17, 2008 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qosmio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I choose A3 because it's support all common encoded and comes 10EQ perhaps it'll be wide soundstage looks like itunes maybe i really curious too with A3 actually,and i think Q5 won't support Flac btw

The only reason I would choose the Q5 is the bigger screen. I'm sure the Q5 supports flac. But yea - the cool thing is the A3 can record in flac. That's sweet.

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason I would choose the Q5 is the bigger screen. I'm sure the Q5 supports flac. But yea - the cool thing is the A3 can record in flac. That's sweet.

Oops my bad yes it's support Flac the Q5,btw there is some people change the HDD to 100GB this is the link,hope it's useful to you
smily_headphones1.gif

Changing the HDD of Cowon Q5W to increase capacity (with Pics) - COWON America Forums

Feb 18, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 8
I don't know, my professional advice is pretty $$. I do lust after the Q5W though and I'm not to keen on joysticks so that rules the A3 out, and what was the other PMP?
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 8
I have the Archos 704 & i'm happy with it.

All i use it for is watching movies though. Huge screen & although it supposedly only has 262k colours it looks great.

With the supported dock you have a digital out (Coax) but its cumbersome & the supported TV recording (although i've never tried or needed it) is supposedly buggy & poor at best.

I only opted for the 704 over other PMPs for the screen size & after auditioning it i was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back