Need Opinions on a Couple of Amp/Dacs......
Jan 10, 2019 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mixman

Headphoneus Supremus
Just want everyone's opinion on whats better between AudioGd NFB-28 and RME ADI-2? I guess I am looking at the sound difference if any. I would prefer the RME for it's many functions including eq, and would be better for my studio, in addition to listening to. Just wanted to know if it has any glaring faults.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Anyone?

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey mixman I have not listened to those models but the AudioGd NFB-28 uses the Sabre ES9018 which I am not a fan which I had in my Oppo HA-1 and to me can sound very glaring and brite. If anything I would look at the NFB-28.38 (ES9038Pro) version which the 9038 really sounds amazing I have this in my Oppo 205 4K player. AudioGd Amps extremely well made and dead silent and neutral sounding.

And for the RME ADI-2 which uses the AK4490EQ DAC chip the same one I listen too in my Questyle CMA-600i for the past 2 years or so when it first came out. I find it very neutral and controlled in sound. I personally was looking at the RME ADI-2 Pro FS 2-in/4-out AD/DA Converter for some Vinyl Ripping in the future and sell my 600i etc.. I personally think you will use more of the function on the RME side for what you plan on using it for I heard reviews saying the AMP side is very powerful and silent and you get a ton of connection options vs the AudioGd side which is just a DAC/AMP but a great one at that. I owned just the NFB-1AMP and Sold it to get the Master 9 which is just awesome and again dead silent and extremely powerful.

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey mixman I have not listened to those models but the AudioGd NFB-28 uses the Sabre ES9018 which I am not a fan which I had in my Oppo HA-1 and to me can sound very glaring and brite. If anything I would look at the NFB-28.38 (ES9038Pro) version which the 9038 really sounds amazing I have this in my Oppo 205 4K player. AudioGd Amps extremely well made and dead silent and neutral sounding.

And for the RME ADI-2 which uses the AK4490EQ DAC chip the same one I listen too in my Questyle CMA-600i for the past 2 years or so when it first came out. I find it very neutral and controlled in sound. I personally was looking at the RME ADI-2 Pro FS 2-in/4-out AD/DA Converter for some Vinyl Ripping in the future and sell my 600i etc.. I personally think you will use more of the function on the RME side for what you plan on using it for I heard reviews saying the AMP side is very powerful and silent and you get a ton of connection options vs the AudioGd side which is just a DAC/AMP but a great one at that. I owned just the NFB-1AMP and Sold it to get the Master 9 which is just awesome and again dead silent and extremely powerful.
Great. I am leaning towards the RME just because it has so many features in addition to being a good amp/dac, unless someone tells me otherwise. I am doing his despite having a Topping Dx7s inbound!

On a side note, how do you like the HD800 vs the Hifiman Edition X?

Jan 11, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 5
On a side note, how do you like the HD800 vs the Hifiman Edition X?

HD800S has a huge Sound Stage I hear great for mixing? Well at least the YouTuber STREAKY says HERE

But both very dynamic fast and I think the HEX V2 has better bass but the 800S has decent bass and is there just not big of a slam as the HEX.. The one thing I noticed about the HEX everyone says it is easy to power YES but does it sound good NO still needs a good source to sound it's best in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back