Need opinions here
Mar 19, 2008 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
So, I bought some wire from a well known company (not going to say names here) and they shipped me the wrong wire. I live in Canada and paid for them to ship priority mail.

So, I got the wire but it was the wrong wire. I emailed them and they told me that they'll ship the correct wire. They then shipped using regular mail which takes 2+ weeks to Canada instead of 1 week. That is why I opted to pay for the more expensive shipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be the right thing to do to send via priority mail since it was no fault of mine AND I paid the priority mail the first time. I have no problems with an honest mistake. Fine, I'll wait 1 extra week. But when they are shipping regular now? I'm somewhat peeved.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 17
yes, they are asking for the wire back. It is $700 roll of 100' wire that they sent me. I paid for $200 for 100' of wire

I wanted to do the right thing and return the old wire to them.

Mar 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 17
When you contacted them, did you advise you had paid for priority mail on the original order? and you would appreciate they send via priority?
Or did you just assume they would go back into their records to check and see if you had sent regular shipping or use an expedited method?

If you did advise them of the shipping method, send them an e-mail to lodge your displeasure.

If not...Avoid disappointment...next time tell people what you want and expect

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you did advise them of the shipping method, send them an e-mail to lodge your displeasure.

If not...Avoid disappointment...next time tell people what you want and expect

I would expect a company to take a quick glance and ensure the same shipping method was used. Especially on a customer service transaction. I try to deal with companies that make an effort.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never expect too much from anyone. but yourself.

This quote is the truth. I would expect any company to not do it the cheapest way.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 17
Talk to them about it. Maybe they'll let you take enough from the long roll to tide you over until your roll arrives.

They definitely should have either sent the new roll the fastest way possible or just let you keep the incorrect roll. It doesn't say great things about their customer service.

Mar 20, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #12 of 17
Hey guys thanks for the replies.

No, I did not tell him to ship via priority. However, if the customer pays for priority mail over the standard $7.50 air mail, you would think that the customer wants the good fast. Priority cost me $22.

So, if you the seller makes a mistake, wouldn't it make sense to ship it out ASAP? Heck if I was the seller and made a mistake, I would send it express even!

So, instead of waiting 1 week, I am now waiting 3 weeks and lose the extra that I paid on shipping...

my 2 cents.

Mar 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM Post #13 of 17
Worth a company sending priority to keep a customer. Surprising they didn't anyway, one would assume they would get it to you asap to make up for their mistake

Mar 23, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #15 of 17
I think in these cases you need to clearly articulate your exectations. Assuming that they will pick up the detail of priority shipping is a bit of a stretch.

Lesson for next time, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back