Need opinion on AKG K141 600 ohms
Jun 16, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 13
if it's the one with the sextett drivers it should be pretty decent/good. also depends on how much you can get them for. you use to see them on ebay for <$30, but sometimes there's sellers trying to get 50-100 for them. lol.

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #5 of 13
I had the K140. Great mids and tight bass, but not much treble and soundstage.
And they are supra aural (rest on your ears).

Jun 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 13
What color are the cups? The sliver one has Sextett drivers.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 13
The cups are silver so is there a difference between silver and gold cups if so could you please explain?
For me this was kind of impulse buy so I just did a little research on the k141.
So I presume that I got the sextett drivers so I was what was the other drivers and it advantages and disadvantages?

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #9 of 13
FWIR, the gold is like the K240 Monitor is to the K240 studio. Don't quote me on that though.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 13
Not very fun listering to, but sturdy sound for mixing. Good can.
Thought not hi-fi cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #12 of 13
I can only speak about the old K140 which I recently sold to a friend. For the 30 bucks that they cost, these are very good. Although they lack clarity, extension, detail, soundstage, and all the other hi-fi seasonings, they absolutely nail tonality excluding some treble roll-off. The bass is pretty respectable on them and very well integrated with the midrange. The treble is pretty rolled-off on these, but still somewhat well integrated with the mids. The midrange is just great. It has a weighty, grounded vocal presence that sounds very "right" to me.

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #13 of 13
I agree with dopingpanda. These headphones are awesome. My dad has a pair (from a looong time ago) and I just recently tried them out. I had to listen to them on the computer (I don't have an amp yet) and they were still very hard to drive (the volume was at 100 on Winamp!). Though these things have a 600 Ohm impedance, I still think that these headphones are a very great buy. They have wonderful mids, great bass, and they could also stand up to one of the hardest musical styles to reproduce on any pair of headphones (extreme metal).
biggrin.gif
My crappy Koss 'phones (check my sig for the model) can't take the pain that metal recreates (everything sounds all bloated and icky).
I say all that to say this: give these guys a try.
L3000.gif

(note: this is about the old K 141s)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back