Need new phones, Super fi 3 SUCK
Feb 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

lawbadman

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

Well I bought a set of Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 headphones, and I must say that they are absolutely horrible. As bad as my CX300s sound I prefer them over the UEs.
The UEs have no trebble or bass at all....period. EQing does not help much. They even sound bad with my Karma. Plus they dont stay in my ear. After trying all the different ear pieces I got them to fit in properly but they still pop out. I cant even jog with them because they pop out after two steps. I decided to give them another try yesterday and they just randomly poped out of my ear, very very annoying.
I really did waste my money buying the UEs.

I need to find a replacement so I can listen to music on-the-go once again. Can somebody recommend a pair of headphones that sound like the CX300 but more refined??? Refined as in, better highs, with very strong but not boomy bass???
Willing to spend $100-150.

Thanks

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 10
Sounds to me more like you can't get a good fit with them and aren't getting a good seal but UE are notorious for being pretty big so...

anyway, Nuforce NE-7M for $50. For higher, you can get the Phonak Audio PFE. If you like a warm sound, the Atrio M5 should be able to be grabbed in your price range as well.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 10
Phonak PFE are probably at the top of your price range, then there is the Super.Fi 5 Version 2, the Futuresonics Atrio M5/M8, and possibly Klipsch X10.
The X10 and the Phonaks are the two here that are known to have the best fit and comfort, and since it seems you cannot achieve a seal, these would probably be the better options. Read a couple threads here about the phonaks, you might like them.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 10
have the same qs as Zalithian. are you getting a good fit on these? they sort out of stick out of your ears a little i think and feels odd at first. i had a bit of difficulty getting them in, partly because of the stiff wires.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Have you tried flip flopping the ear pieces yet? you may get a better fit that way.

Also, While I agree the 3's have very little bass they definitely aren't light on treble, I hate to echo what everyone else is saying but I don't think you're getting a good seal.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #7 of 10
I would suggest the Phonaks go to the Phonak Forum and read up.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 10
Im pretty sure I got a good seal. I have had a number of IE phones and I know how critical the seal is. I know the seal was good because I could feel the difference in the air pressure in my ear, plus the sound improved.

The Audeos look good but will they stay fitted in my ear when jogging or other physical activity?

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lawbadman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im pretty sure I got a good seal. I have had a number of IE phones and I know how critical the seal is. I know the seal was good because I could feel the difference in the air pressure in my ear, plus the sound improved.

The Audeos look good but will they stay fitted in my ear when jogging or other physical activity?

Yes indeed, even without the ear guides on they stay firm in place.

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 10
It is because they are a single armature IEM. These types of IEM do not much bass quantity and if there is quality, it is not enjoyable. That is my opinion, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back