need new phones - lots of questions regarding e3c, i3c, AKGK26, etc.
Feb 6, 2006 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

agentcooper

New Head-Fier
I've been reading through the forums for days but I don't seems to have found the answers I would like.

First off, I have an iRiver H320. I'm in transition with the headphones. I bought a pair of e2c's about a year ago. Love 'em. Obviously better than stock buds, way better I think than the EX71s. Yes the bass is not there really with the e2c but I never heard detail until I put on those e2c's for the first time. They have a problem with the plug, it results in lots static every time it is moved or touched - really unbearable stuff. I'm sending them back to Shure tomorrow for (hopefully) warranty repair. But I'm stuck with some stock Sennheiser buds or a Sony MDR-V150 right now and I'm going insane.

There seems to be little consensus with the e2c or e3c other than they are not as good as e4c, or UM2 or super.fi 5pro, and any other higher priced IEMs. Duh.

I want to spend as little as possible (duh again) and can't afford UM2's. So don't suggest them (unless you can fid them for <$200).

These guys have insane prices http://www.thetwistergroup.com/categ...als_shure.html

e2g - $63
e3g - $109 (e3c - $129)
e4c $183
i3c - $119
i4c - $194

I know the only diff /w the "c" and "g" is color and cord length, so obviosly the g is a better deal.

Does anyone have experience with the "i" series yet? I listen to music/radio/podcasts all day long and it's a nuisance to have to pull out the buds to answer the phone. I have a v710 and love the bluetooth but this solution would negate BT almost entirely. But if they are a lesser sound quality than the plain phones then I'd have to pass.

Also, I've seen graphs that suggest the e2c have more bass than the e3c? True? False? Same?

Also, I have no real experience with high-end sealed headphones like the AKGs and better. But it's clear from this forum that IEMs (in my price range) can't compete with the more traditional phones.

Question: are the AKG K26 phones compact and comfortable enough to wear for 6-8+ hours per day?

And, would I want to go back to IEMs if I got a good pair of phones like the K26 or Grado SR60?

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back