Need new 'phones for my zune
Oct 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

idvsego

100+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a zune 120 and it comes with horride earbuds. I own a set of cx300s that I like well enough to use but my girlfriend has hijacked them. I also own a set of e3c that I do not really like. the sound is good, but not good enough to warrant what I paid. Plus I dont like the over ear fitment. i often use one earbud at work or have to remove and replace it numerous times. the over ear isnt convenient for this type of use. My budget is about $60 or less. I do not carry an amp. I listen to rock, hip hop, r&b, pop, and some classical and jazz. I want decent bass and harsh highs give me a head ache after a while. The zune has no built in EQ so these have to be decent sounding out of the box. So far I have narrowed it to 2 choices.

First is the cx500. A known quanitity because it is an upgrade from what i had and liked (cx300).

Second Denon c551. Name, build quality and reviews have brought this on into play.

I was set to buy the PL-30 set for $20 but found out they were over the ear. May invest in a set anyway at some point, just to try them.

any thoughts on my selections or other recommendations?

Oct 14, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 4
I've got a brand-new pair of CX95s for sale on Amazon for $50. I bought them from JR.com, but thought they were uncomfortable, and now I can't return them. First IEM I've ever tried, that may be why I think they're uncomfortable. From all the reviews I read before I bought them, it seems they are a slight step-up from the CX500. Just thought I'd mention it, in case you're interested.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser CX95 Style Series In-Ear Monitor

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 4
well, I have definitely put the cx95 on my short list, but I typically don't like buying used anything unless it offers a significant savings, and $10 isn't that significant for me. reasonable price I guess, but i prefer to go new.

Oct 14, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I seem to be one of the unlucky ones that are mostly stuck with earbuds for daily usage. I can't stand things that go in my ear canal and full size cans hurt my ears after a while.

So I'm going to recommend Yuins. For your price range you can get the PK3's or the OK3's. I have the PK3's and I love them. After a bit of burn in they sound so much better than the ibuds I used to use. (I guess I'm a bit of a yuin fanboy. I love them for providing something for me, the one mostly stuck with earbuds.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back