Need new in-ears
May 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Edgey

New Head-Fier
My creatives (EP-630 I think) recently died, and I decided I'll try something with more quality. A friend recommended the Shure SE215. The reviews praised it for its isolation, bass etc for a low price, while some people here thought of it as obsolete. I'm not exactly sure what quality is sufficient for me though, since I've used the same in-ears for a while.

I'm only interested in in-ears though, good isolation when commuting, and good fit for when I'm running. And at least somewhat good quality; the only two reference I have is when I borrowed my sis' in-ears she got with her Samsung, and both the sound and fit were horrific, but that's not much to go on. The other is my B&W 683 speakers I bought a while ago, that has, to me at least, amazing sound. Preferably nothing more expensive than the SE215 though.

Edit: Though I might add I mostly listen to rock, metal, house/electro (Parov Stelar?), Gorillaz (whatever genre that is) and classical. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #3 of 10
I use a VSonic VS3DS as my beater IEM - neutral enough from the midrange and up but there's a bit of boominess in thelow bass when playing tracks with fast guitar, bass, and drums - like Nightwish's Wishmaster album. For the price and the fit however I can easily overlook that.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 10
The Shure SE215 do provide deep bass and great sound isolation.   They also come with detachable cables that allow for easy replacement should something go wrong while you are running or any other sporting activities.   More detailed specs can be found here:  https://www.livesoundwave.com/en-us/livesoundwave/shop_by/brand/shure/se215_sound_isolating_earphones

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 10
  The Shure SE215 do provide deep bass and great sound isolation.   They also come with detachable cables that allow for easy replacement should something go wrong while you are running or any other sporting activities.   More detailed specs can be found here:  https://www.livesoundwave.com/en-us/livesoundwave/shop_by/brand/shure/se215_sound_isolating_earphones

They seem really nice. The site you linked mentioned they're not "sweat resistant" though. Even though it seems somewhat exaggerated, it does make me a little uncertain. That and the cord's length (162cm? Seriously?), although I've been thinking of buying the android accessory cable. Is it shorter, or the same?

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Technically, they are not sweat resistant, but we reserve this more for headphones than in-ears.   I asked a colleague here who has a pair of these and she states no issues with using these while running. (Stay dry and in place).   

We tend to keep the measurements in centimeters for standards purposes, but it's roughly around 64 inches (~5.3 feet).  This is the same length as the Android cable that I am aware of.  Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions.  

If you are looking to buy a pair, I invite you to use promo code WELCOME10 for 10% off your order.  

Jun 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #7 of 10
  Technically, they are not sweat resistant, but we reserve this more for headphones than in-ears.   I asked a colleague here who has a pair of these and she states no issues with using these while running. (Stay dry and in place).   

We tend to keep the measurements in centimeters for standards purposes, but it's roughly around 64 inches (~5.3 feet).  This is the same length as the Android cable that I am aware of.  Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions.  

If you are looking to buy a pair, I invite you to use promo code WELCOME10 for 10% off your order.  

Ah, that's a great relief!

Was hoping for maybe half the length, but that's such a minor issue, I'll overlook it. 

Thanks for the offer, but there's a place here in Sweden I can get them for slighty more expensive, but without the shipping :)

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #9 of 10
Just bought the se215, and so far I'm quite satisfied, plus the isolation is suberb!

One question: it says the cable with controls for phones are made fot apple products, will they function with my android?

Jun 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 10
Just bought the se215, and so far I'm quite satisfied, plus the isolation is suberb!

One question: it says the cable with controls for phones are made fot apple products, will they function with my android?

Great, glad we could help you pick out a great pair of buds!  Technically, I don't think they are made to work cross platform, but try it out. Might be great for another user if you can post if it did work or not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back