need new in ears :(
Dec 13, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #16 of 22
Thinking of just biting the bullet and ordering super.fi 5pro

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #17 of 22
The super.fi's will "stick out" more, but to be fair, I don't recall reading any complaints about that from owners (other than it would be difficult or impossible to lie on your side with your head on a pillow while wearing them). Just a different "wearing" experience from the Westones, for example, and both are different from the Etymotics. Both super.fi's and Westones are intended to have the cords loop over the ears, and both should provide a very different sound signature from the Etys. Not sure whether the isolation is the same between the two brands.

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking of just biting the bullet and ordering super.fi 5pro

I'm not sure that the Super.fi would be the best choice if maximum isolation is a primary concern.

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:39 PM Post #19 of 22
I was reading about that, headroom's tests show that they weren't that great as far as isolation. I was going to try them with a set of Shure foamies if possible.

From what I've been seeing, NOTHING is going to beat the ety er4 series in the "pee test" (I'll let you figure that one out).

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #20 of 22
Nothing here isolates better than the ER4, and if that's what you're looking for, why not just 1) Get your ER4 repaired, or 2) Get another pair of ER4?

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwin022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was reading about that, headroom's tests show that they weren't that great as far as isolation. I was going to try them with a set of Shure foamies if possible.

From what I've been seeing, NOTHING is going to beat the ety er4 series in the "pee test" (I'll let you figure that one out).

The Shure e4 are extremely isolating if you use them with some Etymotic foamies, or with a biflange. Seems like the Shures would be the best bet for your particular needs.

Dec 13, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 22
thanks guys, placed an order this afternoon
smily_headphones1.gif
(e3g's because of the lack of isolation from the super.fi's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back