need new in-ear phones/earbuds for S9 ~25$
Dec 19, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #16 of 20
Hi Vostrocity
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vostrocity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have much to add as I'm a newbie, but thanks DervishD for the impressions on the HA-FXC50. There aren't many reviews on it yet. It's also $15 shipped at NewEgg right now, so I might grab it as my first pair of IEMs.
jecklinsmile.gif

Sorry for the delay in my reply! Yes, you're right, there are not many reviews, and it's a pity because, IMHO, these phones are quite decent but the first impression tends to be a bit negative, at least in the four cases I know first hand (mine included...). My first impression was "uncomfortable, bassy, horrible microphonics IEM". After some time, I could fit them properly, I solved a bit the microphonics, etc. and I could concentrate on the sound quality, which for me is quite decent. Very good detail, which is the best point of these IEM in my humble opinion, a bit too bassy but I don't mind, etc.

I'm VERY surprised that they are only 15$ shipped in Newegg, it's just fantastic. A pity they don't ship to Spain (well, they didn't ship to Spain last time I checked) because otherwise I would be tempted to buy a second pair
k701smile.gif
Well, no, I want to wait for my M9 to arrive, just in case I like them best. Comfort-wise, the JVC HA-FXC50 are not my favourite...

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #17 of 20
Not to hijack the thread any, but I was wondering if anyone had a few suggestions for a bit over the OP's price range. $30 to $50 or so.
I bought some ultimate ears metrofi 170's and I'm not thrilled for the $40 price tag from best buy. I just needed something for my plane ride today lol.

I'm also rather dissapointed that I don't have anyone who would appreciate some of the IEMs listed thus far.. I think they'd be a great gift..

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #18 of 20
people i checked out the Sennheiser CX 250s and the user reviews on Amazon say that they are slightly dull sounding. Is this true? I'm not much of an audiophile, but just tell me how it compares to my current 'phones, the Creative EP-630. I just need to know if it's better in major aspects. And i've heard there's lots of fake Senns doing the rounds... how do i spot a fake CX-250?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #19 of 20
Pretty sure about 3/4 of the people who leave IEM reviews on amazon don't actually have a proper seal when using them. To me the CX250 are anything but dull - bassy, warm, dimensional...

It's hard enough finding any CX250... not sure fakes are a concern.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #20 of 20
thanks m8. they're going for $22 on Amazon, i'll grab a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back