Need New IEM's
Sep 7, 2008 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

panik343

100+ Head-Fier
Now that I am in college, I find myself not being able to use my 225's as much because they do not isolate the rap music from my roommates. Being a rock listener, I can't exactly say I enjoy hearing this music over mine in my own headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 Live Pro's (which I am now regretting having wasted 30 dollars), and they just don't live up to my expectations anymore. I was pointed in the direction of the UE triple.fi 10's, but as I am looking at their site I am getting confused as to the difference between the pro and vi versions. Can anyone tell me the difference or suggest to be another good pair of IEM's? My current spending limit is 500 dollars.

Thank You,
-Mike

Sep 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 8
The vi versions have mics for cell phones.

I would recommend the Triple.fi 10 Pros as they have exquisite detail, range, and balance IMO. Going custom isn't a bad idea, either: the Livewires and SuperFreQs are in your price range.

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The vi versions have mics for cell phones.

Going custom isn't a bad idea, either: the Livewires and SuperFreQs are in your price range.

Thanks for the info as to the difference between the two. Would going custom exceed my cost limit? I am not very experience with IEM's so I'm not very familiar with options.

Sep 8, 2008 at 8:14 AM Post #4 of 8
They both can be obtained within your budget, but I would try 10.fi before you plunge your money for custom as you wont be able to sell them easily if they turn out to be something other than what you are looking for in sound.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #5 of 8
I currently have the Freqshows, while they are $350(plus the costs for impression and shipping them to Freq), you can get the SuperFreqs for relatively cheaper. I've also owned the Triple Fi as well, and they sound magnificent. However, they were not comfortable so I sold them. I just couldn't justify spending so much on something that I can't wear for more than half an hour without pain. You should give them a try, they fit some people fine, but some experience pain like I do.

My Freqshow is the closest to audio bliss for me(I've also owned Sr-225, as well as HD 650, Super Fi etc), they sound like awesome, and I can wear them for literally 7 hours and not feel any type of pain. Plus they stay in my ear with a perfect seal no matter how wide my mouth is opened. All this in a super portable package! The Livewires can be had for $250 excluding impressions, as long as you find a good audiologist that does an open mouth impression with a bite block, the chance of them fitting the first time is pretty high. However, be prepared for a refit though. Mine fit the first time, being in Hong Kong at the moment, I was ecstatic!

dsc0004version2yv8.jpg

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should know that not all people get a perfect seal with customs or a good fit.

Yea, that is called a bad fit, and a refit will be in order.
floatsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back