Need New IEMs with a little more bass (near 100$)
Jan 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Xelorz

New Head-Fier
My pair of RE2's finally died so I need to look into getting a new pair. My budget is somewhere near $100. I dont mind going over by a bit if they are particularly good bang for my buck or if I'm convinced they are absolutely perfect for what I'm looking for. My absolute limit would be about $200. I will be using them with a Cowon D2 and hopefully no amp, pocket space can be an issue.

I know at this price range for IEM's that better bass tends to be a trade off in respect to the mids and highs. I'm not looking for a huge improvement over the RE2's bass, just a little bit more of a punch, but then again that isn't hard considering the RE2's barely have any.

I am currently considering the RE252s, however I hear they only have a tad bit more bass which is hardly worth maxing out what I would pay. I have also been looking into the westone UM1's and a few things from etymotic. I've been reading up on some of shure's phones but I doubt they'll have much of worth in my price range. If all else fails I might just go the safe way and get the RE0's, which are bit of an improvement over the RE2's with the same lack in punch.

Any suggestions and input is appreciated.

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 4
If you can find Atrios at this price--I hear they're out there--don't hesitate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back