need new iems, budget 100 dollars
Feb 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #16 of 22
neither of those will give you enough bass for electropop and hiphop, i don't think. well...maybe the im716 with bass boost. or here's an idea: get an fiio e3 or e5 with it. e3 is cheap enough, and provide amplification and extra bass.

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #18 of 22
I just got a pair of Denon C551's about a week ago and would recommend them for well under 100 bucks (about $60 online). Like a couple of you said they don't isolate as well as some others, (I only have Shure e2c's to compare) but in my opinion they have both clarity and lots of bass. To help with the fit, I used my e2c olive tips and would shove the small ones about as far into my ear as my pituitary gland, since the olive tips had a bit of a "sleeve" they stuck out farther than the stock ones, enabling the longer reach within my noggin. While they don't isolate as much as the Shure's that helped a bit. I have had the JBL Reference 220's as well and like them also, I actually dig their "sound" better than the Dennons, but the Denon's are probably a better overall phone, no?

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 22
Get the PK3 if you want some easy to use buds with great sound. If you like the sound of the PK3, you can then get the NE-7M, which has a similar sound signature, but a bit more detailed and crisper all around than the PK3. And the NE-7M will give you about 80-90% sound isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back