Need new IEMs ~$100 for D2
Feb 11, 2009 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RMPNG

Head-Fier
I've been using my er6i's with the D2's for the past month and a half that I've owned it, and while I like the player tons, the pair of er6i's and the D2 is one of the worst I've ever heard. The sound is extremely analytical, almost so much that listening to even my favorite songs is not enjoyable. I've found some refuge back at my iPod nano 3g for the time being, but I don't want a perfectly good D2 to go to waste.

I ask you, what are some good IEMs to complement the D2? I'm hoping for something nice and warm, as despite the clarity imperfections, I love the warmness from my nano. Thank you!

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancho86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the ER6's to be a bit warmer than the 6i's due the slightly different driver, my $.02

I should also add I want to try something other than Etys, to broaden my scope
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Nuforce NE-7M's with Comply T400 tips. But, how much fiddling have you done with the D2? The flat sound is analytical for sure but it's so customizable you'd think you can make it sound better, even if that's not a great pair. You can definitely bump up the lower end significantly or cut down the other frequencies. You can even use the EQ Filter to change some of the frequencies in the equalizer. If you haven't toyed around with that much I would do that first, but if you can't fix it with EQ and Mach 3 Bass the NE-7M's are warmer with good clarity for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back