Need new headphones
Feb 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #31 of 41
Ok. I went and tested the hd700 and they sounded bad in my honest opinion. Vocals overpowered all other elements in the songs and other than vocals everything else felt too quiet. I think bass sounded weird also not sure why.

Then the clerk suggested hd650 based on what feedback I gave about the hd700. I absolutely loved them. To my ear the sounded superior. Everything was more balanced and no weird bass sound. Not sure what was it, but it was annoying to my ear.

I guess what negative I could say about the hd650 would be that guess it would be great if vocals and instruments could be little more in balance.

Based on what I said what kinda headphones I should be looking for? What is the sound signature called? Maybe bass which comes when needed would be welcome.

I'll edit this if more comes to my mind. Wrote on my phone.

This is why it's always preferred to audition headphones yourself before spending hard earned money.  We have opposite preferences/opinions of the 700/650.  Not sure how they were all being amped but if you prefer the signature of the 650 then go for that.  The 650 are considered laid-back, warm, relaxing etc - not sure if that suits hardcore techno but your ears know best!  The 600 and 650 are considered similar in tone, with the 600 being more neutral/balanced, although I haven't heard them myself.

It sounds like you prefer a relatively balanced sound signature tilted more towards bass/warm side.  The 650 are often compared to the Fidelio X2 in terms of signature, with the X2 being more 'in your face'.  In direct comparison, I'd say the X2 sound like the 650 after a line of cocaine.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #32 of 41
Ok. I went and tested the hd700 and they sounded bad in my honest opinion. Vocals overpowered all other elements in the songs and other than vocals everything else felt too quiet. I think bass sounded weird also not sure why.

Then the clerk suggested hd650 based on what feedback I gave about the hd700. I absolutely loved them. To my ear the sounded superior. Everything was more balanced and no weird bass sound. Not sure what was it, but it was annoying to my ear.

I guess what negative I could say about the hd650 would be that guess it would be great if vocals and instruments could be little more in balance.

Based on what I said what kinda headphones I should be looking for? What is the sound signature called? Maybe bass which comes when needed would be welcome.

I'll edit this if more comes to my mind. Wrote on my phone.

The HD600.

I laughed to myself when you said you were considering the HD700 based solely on its price, assuming it was an upgrade.

Very few people prefer the HD700 over the HD600.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #34 of 41
The HD600.

I laughed to myself when you said you were considering the HD700 based solely on its price, assuming it was an upgrade.

Very few people prefer the HD700 over the HD600.

Agreed, for the OP.

He was considering the HD700 based on my recommendation, I don't think he said what you're claiming.

"Very few" is quite the exaggeration.  I agree that most people prefer the neutral sound of the HD600, but it's far from a fantastic all-rounder.  Let's not turn this into a den of hate for the HD700 as the OP clearly has a different preference for sound signature.  HD600/650/X2 are good recommendations, all open but you can investigate closed alternatives.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #36 of 41
I quite like this term "Den of Hate". Are you sure you don't want to join? :)

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #37 of 41
is there any of you who have the PM3 and HD600? I know that the HD600 is open just if there is any SQ similarities. I love the sound of my PM3s but want a great open backed as well.

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #38 of 41
You can send me your PM-3 and I can compare. :wink:

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #39 of 41
Incorrect. HD 600 is the best all rounder. Bar none.

Thank you for your input?

I quite like this term "Den of Hate". Are you sure you don't want to join?
smily_headphones1.gif

Hehe.  I'm enjoying the second night with my HD700 so no thanks.  As long as my ears don't bleed then I'll keep recommending them.

Last post here because I can see where this is going.  Good luck @Zankes

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #41 of 41
Thank you for your input?

Hehe.  I'm enjoying the second night with my HD700 so no thanks.  As long as my ears don't bleed then I'll keep recommending them.

Last post here because I can see where this is going.  Good luck @Zankes

If you don't like the HD 600 for being neutral then you don't like live music, TV, movies, dialogue, life etc.

A neutral Hp is the best all rounder.

Colored headphones are suitable only for particular music for particular people under specific conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back