Need new headphones, over-ear with controlled profound bass
Mar 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Wisoo1337

New Head-Fier
Hello there! 

My old headphones recently broke so I'm currently in the market for a new set. My previous headphones were the Sony MDR XB700, I really liked the bass in them but I feel it's time for quality now. I mostly listen to bass-heavy music but I like pretty much all genres of music, everything from EDM to classic rock. I do however prefer over-ear headphones so that's what I'm mainly looking for. 

I visited a store and checked out the Sennheiser Momentum. I did like how they sounded, and even tho I'd like more bass than what the Momentum offered I'd be able to live with it. However the ear cups felt too small for my preference, they didn't go over my ears, more like they were resting on my ears. I have also looked at the Beyerdynamic DT 770 and the V-Moda Crossfade M-100, but I can't listen to either of them and I have no idea whether their cup size is bigger than the Momentum or not. Could anyone post an image comparing the M-100 and the Momentum cup sizes?

Do you guys have any other suggestions, what do you think? My max budget is 350$, preferably less :wink:

I will be plugging them straight to my computer/phone, I would be willing to get a headphone amp if needed. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 5
How big are the regular V-Moda M-100 pads compared to the Sennheiser Momentum ones? Getting the XL-pads might be a problem for me as I live in Sweden and there's very limited supply of the V-Moda's here. Most likely I would have to order from Germany, French or UKs Amazon. 

Mar 24, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 5
The regular M100 pads are bigger than Momentum. The regular pads are a close fit (maybe because of the hexagonal shape of the housing) but there's still a little room, whereas Momentum barely fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back