Need new headphone jack for Total AirHead Mk. 1.5
Jun 20, 2006 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

citroeniste

100+ Head-Fier
My Total AirHead is broken, and I'd like to fix it. Namely, the front pin on the headphone output jack has broken, and my temporary fix (putting a book on top of the headphone's plug) no longer works. Does anyone know what part HeadRoom used in there, and if it's commonly available? Alternately, does anyone know of an identically-sized part with plns in the right place for the TAH board?

My TAH is one of the earlier ones, in the original plastic case with gold label, big purple caps, and no LED, but some revisions to take care of noise issues that first adopters found. (At least, I think that's what it is. I might be considered a Mk. I.) I bought it from HeadRoom in either late 2000 or early 2001, and it took my HD-580's to a very happy place.

Ideally, I'd like to fix it with components I can buy in person and solder onto the board that day. For example, if the Rat Shack one will fit, that's my ideal as even though it's likely much more expensive than Digikey, et al. it's also a five minute drive away.

Yes, I know HeadRoom would be glad to fix it for me; I've contacted them and the price they've quoted ($25-30) is eminently reasonable. The problem with that approach is that Bozeman, MT is a long way away from Athens, GA. I would prefer to have my TAH up and running in as short a time as possible. Two-way shipping doesn't allow that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back