Need new ear-buds for 5G iPod to replace EX-51's ($15 for Rubber no-way bye-bye Sony)
Mar 12, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #16 of 20
I tried my EX-51's last night and they sounded worse then the included buds with my 510 Discman. (I have one rubber piece) so they are dead and I am no longer worrying about them. Seems I am seriously considering the E2c's.

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:03 AM Post #18 of 20
I am not rich and $300 way out of question. I can spend MAX $150 Canadian that is the absolute most I can afford (after saving for month and months). Now I am hearing the ER-6i's are allot better then the E2c's and not much more ($150 Canadian). Would they let me hear the full range of classical, pop, rock, etc (also pipe organ oh yah baby). I also don't want wrap arounds etc I prefer the feel of in ear buds. (EX-51's, eXc's, etc)

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #19 of 20
Reports are that the 6i lacks a little in the bass department, but has more detail than just about anything in the price range. They should be a serious consideration if you can find them at your price point. Very nice by most accounts.

I have no idea what Westone UM1's would cost in your neck of the woods, but with the right tips, they can be very nice as well. More bass and balance than the 6i, but not quite up to the detail.

Nothing wrong with E2C's. I had them for 2+ years and enjoyed them. They're a good entry into better fidelity, but you'll eventually wnat more. Thats the curse of this palce
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 20
West World says they sell them for $200 Canadian. I know I can get a better price then that (I think I found the on-line Canadian site which is $129CDN I think). The ER-6i's seem the winner so far (for use with an 5g iPod (when/if I get it) and classical, rock, (Elton John, Queen, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, etc). Pop, easy listening, podcasts, Pipe Organ. No Electric (unless my "Saints" Soundtrack comes up randomly), techno, rap, Oh I also listen to R&B (I really need to put all this on my website). I am right now listening to Club 977 (MP3 128?) on my AIWA NSX-900 mini stereo via Line out on my MDD and it's sounding good (this is bad actually that I think this sounds ok). Of course for Classical and esp Pipe Organ you really need to hear the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back