need new cans,m50/hfi580?
Aug 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
Well its more for music, gaming is just a secondary use.
So the grado is a domestic kind of headfone?
I took a look on the tad400 theyre portableand play also well on potables but they not are not what i looking for,
heres a list of demands for the headphones listed from important to less important):
Music,good bass(i want them to shake my ears but not xb-500style) comftreble cans,portabillity and at last gaming

plenty of bass
but not too much
comfortable
portable
good for gaming
at a $100.

I think you should really consider the
Audio Technica ATH M50, which I've
seen recently on Amazon for as low
as $107. (down from $150).  Not true
portables but can be used as such,
plenty of bass, comfortable, well made,
and in fact they fold for traveling.

It's another highly praised headphone
as is the SR80i
but it's geared more towards what you
are looking for.

If others come to mind I'll post them here

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #17 of 27
I did saw that lots of headfiers had/owned this cans but they were never praised as the grados
i somewhat denied that the grados will not be mine,oh well
Do you know if those are good for EDM trance rock rap?
(i am pretty settled on them so just wanted to know)

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:
I did saw that lots of headfiers had/owned this cans but they were never praised as the grados
i somewhat denied that the grados will not be mine,oh well
Do you know if those are good for EDM trance rock rap?
(i am pretty settled on them so just wanted to know)

If you are set on Grados, then get them. They are a fantastic company, based in NY. They make fantastic headphones. Like I said earlier, don't get too hung up on what people say one way or another. Can you use grados as portable headphones? Sure, but they aren't designed for it. I use my SRH 840s on buses/trains and walking around on campus. When I am not using them, I feel comfortable leaving them in my backpack. I know other people may feel that the SRH 840s are far too big and bulky to be lugging around, and that's fine. Everyone's different.

With that said, the M50s are good for what they are. They have a strong bass response and a strong treble response. I haven't listened to much trance/house etc, so I don't know how they would faire. I know that Grados make rock music rock.

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #19 of 27
Well the grados cons (somewhat fragile,sound leaking and a huge cable) are a bit too much for me and the m50 (at halfprice) got me.
thanks guys for all the help (and a sweet bargain)
Btw that suposed to be my B-day present from my sis so you helped her too!
and again thank you all for enduring my blood sucking!

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
Well the grados cons (somewhat fragile,sound leaking and a huge cable) are a bit too much for me and the m50 (at halfprice) got me.
thanks guys for all the help (and a sweet bargain)
Btw that suposed to be my B-day present from my sis so you helped her too!
and again thank you all for enduring my blood sucking!

cheers on your bday
and enjoy the music

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #22 of 27
Hi, and sry fot necroing this thread but after some even more scouting i found that ultrasone hfi580 are cheaper and better then the m50 and again,which one?
req.:gaming (but not much),dont care really about how big they are/how they look,needs to drive good on a mobile amp such as the pa2v2
music types:edm,trance,house,rock,metal
p.s i am a basshead(so the ultras fitting me more)
thanks in advance

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #24 of 27
I find the M50s to be more reserved. Sure, they have some extra bass, but I can listen to them as background music while they work. In fact, I keep my pair in my office and use them all the time. 

My experience with Utrasones is that they don't like to be ignored. I find that I have to (and want) to pay attention to the music when using Ultrasones.  They are immersive. 

If you want to feel like you've walked into a club playing house and techno with an awesome sound system where the bass is drawing you in, the 580s are for you. If you'd rather have the more conservative experience of sitting on the couch in a living room with a refined stereo system with some extra bass, go with the M50s 
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #25 of 27
Thank you very much, but i still dont sure what it want... in one hand i travel a lot,mostly in buses etc,
And i want to have this "club" feeling that you mentioned,to suck into the music...but i am a student also and i need a great portion of consetration..
Does the ultras require less attantion unamped? Or on the other hand the m50 amped+
bassy eq set should do the trick?

Sep 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #26 of 27
On the one hand, if you have a credit card, your best bet is to order both and see which you like best. If you order directly from Amazon or Amazon fulfillment (not the 3rd party vendors), it's no problem to return a pair and worth the cost to do so. Just don't tear the box apart, and use them very gently at home for a few listening sessions. You can ask all the questions you want on here, but listening to them is really the only way to know for sure. 

However, you mentioned that you previously owned the CX-300? If you liked those a lot, I think you'd be very happy with the M50s. That doesn't mean that you wouldn't like the 580s. Just having owned the CX300 myself, I think the M50s would be more similar (although an upgrade) to that experience. 

Sep 23, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #27 of 27
Hmmm......i liked the cx3oo bass but they sounded pretty anemic to my taste..i wish that the m5o would be more warm.
Any way i cant do the shipping trick my sis lives in the uk and i live in israel,the shipping cost would kill me(at the price of 4o quids one way)
So i think i will take the cheaper pair,mainly beacuse i really dont know which pair to choose....
But i still has my eye on the m5o so its will be probably them
but thanks for the view clearing! It helped me a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back