need new cans,m50/hfi580?
Aug 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

ilusha1

New Head-Fier
H!i i just recently joined after a quick search and found this site
very proffesional and i hope that i can take the most of it. :)
anyway i need new cans for theese next purposes: gaming,music(trance,EDM,rock,rap)
And i need them also to play reasonebly well on laptops mp3 players basically,
on the run cans.
i had the sen c-300 and i find them to be very good as in ear and mobile phones.
Also i seek something with rich and powerfull bass and with a clear treble,i thougt about the next:grado sr-80i and superlux hb-668 will be glad to see your answers soon!

Aug 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 27
I use my HD439 for gaming and music. They have a good sound stage so good for gaming, they are also really good for music. Good bass, mids and highs are on par with Sennheiser sound. Only problem is the ear cups can make your ears a little hot because of the velour.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3 of 27
As soon as i heard that they are fragile+getting warm after long use
i canceld them as a choice,but i think its a very good model
for domestic use.
and they are overpriced too :-\ anyway thanks for the sharing

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 27
Technical Pro HPT990, they are the same as the Takstar Hi2050.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 27
well thanks, but youre both ignoring the fact that i need portable cans that are pretty well built has a "strong grip" and dont need an amp to sound great, thats why i thought about the grados but i dont want something like the porta-pros. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #6 of 27
OP sounds like he wants the Creative Aurvana Live. Just saying. They aren't built like a tank, so a little TLC would be nice.

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 27
Quote:
H!i i just recently joined after a quick search and found this site
very proffesional and i hope that i can take the most of it. :)
anyway i need new cans for theese next purposes: gaming,music(trance,EDM,rock,rap)
And i need them also to play reasonebly well on laptops mp3 players basically,
on the run cans.
i had the sen c-300 and i find them to be very good as in ear and mobile phones.
Also i seek something with rich and powerfull bass and with a clear treble,i thougt about the next:grado sr-80i and superlux hb-668 will be glad to see your answers soon!

The SR80i's are terrific headphones for a wide variety of music.

They do have a 'clear treble'.
They do not have a 'rich and powerful bass'.

Also, they're not great for portable use because they're a bit large
and somewhat delicate.  People do use them as portables, but
IMO they are best for listening in one place and not being moved
around too much.

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #9 of 27
Well i want a "bassy" type of headphones but not like smudgy, but a warm sound well i am traveling alot but if they are comfy and do not have any issues so i would probably take the sr80
and BTW whats the diffrence between sr80 and sr80i

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:
Well i want a "bassy" type of headphones but not like smudgy, but a warm sound well i am traveling alot but if they are comfy and do not have any issues so i would probably take the sr80
and BTW whats the diffrence between sr80 and sr80i

the 80i is the current model, it replaced the 80 which is no longer available
(the "i" stands for "improved)

ilusha1, I'm telling you as it is, which is this:
you want a warm sounding, bassy type of headphone?

the SR80i is not it.

Read reviews here on head-fi or anywhere for that matter
and you'll see

and BTW, same goes for the 125i, 225i, and 325is.

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #11 of 27
I didnt meant bassy like the sony xb series, i just wanted
to know if the80 has anemic bass like the UE
abd i alsi wanted to know if ant ibe knows or heard about the superlux HD668B

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 27
I am nit questioning or somethibg but why these? If you post a model plz be kind enough to point out the strong and the weak points of every pair (i still dig the sr80,mainky beacuse its so praised)

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:
 (i still dig the sr80,mainky beacuse its so praised)

Keep in mind that this is a bad way of going about doing it. Absolutely keep in mind what people say about a pair of headphones - especially on the lower end of the spectrum- but also take into account who the person is. Headphones are generally user specific. I personally don't like my friends' sr 60's, but he enjoys it with no disdain. If you want something portable, the grados are not what you want. Their cable is thick, but they don't collapse very well, and I would feel uncomfortable listening to them around others - they leak quite a bit.

Additionally, you want something with prominant bass - the sr 80s are bright.

Sorry, I don't know too much about headphones to help you out beyond this. I can tell you that the AD 700's are supposed to be gaming beasts, but they won't satisfy your music needs.

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #15 of 27
Well its more for music, gaming is just a secondary use.
So the grado is a domestic kind of headfone?
I took a look on the tad400 theyre portableand play also well on potables but they not are not what i looking for,
heres a list of demands for the headphones listed from important to less important):
Music,good bass(i want them to shake my ears but not xb-500style) comftreble cans,portabillity and at last gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back