Need music suggestions similar to Infected Mushroom!
Nov 24, 2008 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

I3eyond

500+ Head-Fier
Okayyyy.....

Since no new IM albums have come out recently and I don't know of anything similar to their style, I need some help!

There's another thread on these forums talking about the same thing, but most of the suggestions swayed from what I want.

Let's start with what I don't want anything similar to:

Shpongle, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Alien Project (Close), SYNsun (Close)

Although I like all of the above, none of them really come close to IM for me. There is so much variety in a single IM album that I can easily sit and listen to the entire album. I really enjoy the energy of SYNsun, but I sometimes find it too repetitive.

Sooo, any suggestions? I have all of IM's albums, and there isn't one I dislike.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Easily Embarrassed.

I have, and do like them; however, they still aren't IM to me.

Nov 24, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 6
It's difficult to recommend artists similar to IM because the IM of the last few years sounds very different from the old IM. I'm only intimately familiar with the former, and I would have recommended Hallucinogen and perhaps Prometheus. If it's the newer sound you're after, most psy won't do it for you.

WRT old IM - I think they did psy better than anyone. 'Bust A Move' is my favorite track from the whole genre.

Nov 24, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's difficult to recommend artists similar to IM because the IM of the last few years sounds very different from the old IM. I'm only intimately familiar with the former, and I would have recommended Hallucinogen and perhaps Prometheus. If it's the newer sound you're after, most psy won't do it for you.

WRT old IM - I think they did psy better than anyone. 'Bust A Move' is my favorite track from the whole genre.

There really isn't a single style from IM I like more than another. I like all of IM's main material: BP Empire, Classical Mushroom, Converting Vegetarians, The Gathering, IM the Supervisor, & Vicious Delicious.

To me, Hallucinogen and Shpongle are great, but NOTHING like IM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back