Need laptop speakers
Jul 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
My wife and I are getting on a plane soon and I want some decent little speakers that I can plug into my laptop.  They do not have to be USB powered, I would prefer that they have little amps built in so they sound better.  Just something that I can stream audio into our hotel room that sounds nice ... does not have to be great.

Any suggestions?

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
My wife and I are getting on a plane soon and I want some decent little speakers that I can plug into my laptop.  They do not have to be USB powered, I would prefer that they have little amps built in so they sound better.  Just something that I can stream audio into our hotel room that sounds nice ... does not have to be great.

Any suggestions?

You mean battery powered...or ac? 

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 5
Well,

I recently bought some speakers to tear apart, and use the drivers and amplifier for DIY projects.
They were on sale / refurbished clearance.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-MMS321-Channel-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B000FCN6SG

I actually got them for $25 cad.
They are being cleared out at "liquidation store" and what a deal! - Aluminum drivers, Neodynium magnets, dedicated subwoofers [2], dedicated twetters, midrange drivers [4] etc...
80watts peak: 20watts rms / channel.

I was really going to rip them appart until I hearded them!
- the sound is very balanced and really gives my Audioengine A2's competition at medium volume levels.
The A2's get lots louder... but if you are looking for relatively portable, inexpensive, great sounding speakers for travel: hotels... these are great!
Actually, they don't get loud without breaking up - distorts at high volumes... but it is enough for hotel rooms, especially because you can't listen too loudly without disturbing the rooms close to you.

I travel alot and am using them right now.

Bestbuy.ca still features them brand new for $100.
Amazon has them cheaper.
... I'm sure you can find them refurb in your area... as the one I got is perfect, brand new --- as far as I can tell... the original laminate are on the speakers, wires are factory wrapped etc.

Good Luck!

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 5
Here's a pic
Actually, portability is of question... they are not very heavy, and large, but probably larger than say the Bose MusicMonitors [$499 cad LOL] ... L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back