Need Knowledgable Help Please!
May 16, 2019 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jasonaudio23

100+ Head-Fier
As I grow in this hobby each part requires research... and money.

Here's my question and situation:
I have Hugo TT2 and Abyss Phi.
I currently stream off phone until I figure out best route to get music through TT2 and abyss.

I know there are computer options such as Roon ect ect...
I know I can stream through Tidal ect but what is a better option? Do I purchase a high end Dap or some other Music streamer OR invest in M scaler (which I would have to save for)

Thanks to anyone who can help someone that's possibly been in same situation or close to.

Regards
Jason

Jun 8, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,
Invest in good source like Digione Signature player. Since you have Chords DAC so you will be using the superior BNC connection and it will remove the noise that you get from USB sources like mobile. Since you have good DAC like TT2 and HUGO so I feel good source is a must. You will get pitch black background and better and tight bass with good source and digione signature player is cheapest option to get started. Check out the reviews in YouTube.
I am happy with it.
It will work as Roon end point, you can do Airplay, stream Audirvana. Options are limitless.

Jun 9, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 4
As I grow in this hobby each part requires research... and money.

Here's my question and situation:
I have Hugo TT2 and Abyss Phi.
I currently stream off phone until I figure out best route to get music through TT2 and abyss.

I know there are computer options such as Roon ect ect...
I know I can stream through Tidal ect but what is a better option? Do I purchase a high end Dap or some other Music streamer OR invest in M scaler (which I would have to save for)

Thanks to anyone who can help someone that's possibly been in same situation or close to.

Regards
Jason
A Chromecast Audio running optical-out into your Hugo will give you bit-perfect Tidal streaming for under $50.

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi,
Invest in good source like Digione Signature player. Since you have Chords DAC so you will be using the superior BNC connection and it will remove the noise that you get from USB sources like mobile. Since you have good DAC like TT2 and HUGO so I feel good source is a must. You will get pitch black background and better and tight bass with good source and digione signature player is cheapest option to get started. Check out the reviews in YouTube.
I am happy with it.
It will work as Roon end point, you can do Airplay, stream Audirvana. Options are limitless.

Yeah, the Digione Signature seems like a steal

This review says it's better than even some $1,000 streamer alternatives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back