Need input on a receiver
Aug 15, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 19
If you can live without HDMI switching, I just got a hell of a deal on my new receiver. I'd suggest keeping an eye at local shops (if you have any) for any open box buys, as those often are dramatically discounted and carry the same warranty as new.

I got a Harman Kardon AVR635 (MSRP $1299) for $379 at Circuit City, and the unit and remote look flawless. I've also come across (and passed) on other great open box deals. It's really a great way to get a lot of value for your money.

Aug 15, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jam_Master_J
budget CDP ->Cambridge Audio Azur 540 reciever -> Paradigm Studio 20s should sound pretty good for just over a kilobuck.

The studio v3 20's are a great monitor speaker, but I find they miss the balance that the 40's bring

Unfortunately paradigm's way of building speakers within it's line up is just by adding more drivers and enlarging the cabinet.

IMO the Studio 40's & 100s shine... everything else is good but not as good as those 2

hrm... I heard Warlfdale is back with some good well priced bookshelves

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #19 of 19
thanks for the input gents ill look into the aximo speakers and the xr series amp for sure.

i demo'd the polk audio speakers at tweeter the other day and the difference between the lsi9 and rti6 was not worth the price difference imo. however, the bass of the rti4 was more punchy and perhaps better sounding for a no-sub set up. we'll see tho.

again thanks all for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back