need input for great IEM's
May 3, 2010 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

radioheadtrombone

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.
I'm new to head-fi. This seems like a great source!! I'm in the market for a new set of IEMs for my ipod, PC, stereo, etc. I'm big into orchestra music, band music, and the best band in the world...radiohead. I'm looking for a great set of IEMs, non-custom, that has great clarity over the low, mids and highs, with a little bass kick if needed. After scouring the internet, I'd feel comfortable buying one of these IEMs or something similar: Sennheiser IE8, Shure SE530, or UE TripleFi 10. What are your thought's on these? What is best based on what I listen to? Any others I should be looking for? Also, what is the typical burn in time for these higher-end IEMs? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

May 3, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioheadtrombone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone.
I'm new to head-fi. This seems like a great source!! I'm in the market for a new set of IEMs for my ipod, PC, stereo, etc. I'm big into orchestra music, band music, and the best band in the world...radiohead. I'm looking for a great set of IEMs, non-custom, that has great clarity over the low, mids and highs, with a little bass kick if needed. After scouring the internet, I'd feel comfortable buying one of these IEMs or something similar: Sennheiser IE8, Shure SE530, or UE TripleFi 10. What are your thought's on these? What is best based on what I listen to? Any others I should be looking for? Also, what is the typical burn in time for these higher-end IEMs? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Check this out:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/t...-often-476315/

Well, I was like you, searching on amazon, and there were Shure SE530 and TF10. But it's not just those few, there choices are abundant. It just depend on your preference and your budget.

May 4, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by radioheadtrombone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a total noob here. What is sound stage?

In that case I suggest having a quick look at http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/des...ossary-220770/
To quote from that topic; Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soundstage - The area between two speakers that appears to the listener to be occupied by sonic images. Like a real stage, a soundstage should have width, depth, and height.

I too should get around to reading it, the longer you troll here the more you find out. Don't rush into any expensive purchases without making 100% sure you will be happy and fully understand what you are paying for.

May 4, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 7
Westone 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back