Need info with my cheap usb pc sound card
May 6, 2016 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

fairx

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.

I need some info and help with my usb pc sound card.

The story is, suddenly my realtek built in sound card for my pc went dead. Only statics.

So desperately looking for replacement, to my shock that my motherboard only have pciE slot and cheap replacement for dedicated sound card is nowhere to be found on my small town.

So I opt for cheap off the shelf usb sound card. This is what I got.. Lead 3D sound 5.1 Tide. It's plug and play and serve the purpose of replacing my dead sound card. I plug my old altec Lansing desktop speaker.

It sounded nice nothing much to complain. After a while I notice that my speaker actually playing music cleanly. No noise no nothing. Unlike the obvious noise from my built-in realtek.

Out of my curiosity I plug my Earphone (E80) and try some music. Man it's so clean. No noise no nothing. Playing some chesky music I notice it's transparency rival my iPhone and maybe even better transient?

I tested sinegen. Normal listening level I can't detect any distortion. It only distort when I push it further. And might be beyond comfortable listening level.

Just for fun I tried plugging it to my iPhone with CKK cable. Hey its working! Although I don't have any use for it but it's really working.

So after a while I really enjoying listening to my music directly from the usb sound card connected to my pc.

Now come the real concern. I notice my Earphone get WARM . It's noticeable when I plug in and out of my ear. Never happen before.

Anybody had experience this before? IS IT SAFE? Anybody got any idea the chip and amp it use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back