NEED INFECTED MUSHROOM!!!
Mar 4, 2004 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Schizeophonic

Head-Fier
Hey, I have just heard Infected mushroom and I NEED TO BUY their cd, Classical mushroom, but i cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where i could buy their album or find their other ones for a good price????? HELP

Mar 4, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 13
That band sounds disturbingly sketchy....maybe try Ebay?

Mar 4, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 13
Infected Mushroom isn't sketchy. ^_^ They're an Israeli trance group, and their Classical Mushroom album is a pretty good one. eBay is probably your best bet, considering that Classical Mushroom is out of print, as far as I know.

Amazon has BP Empire, I believe, so that's a start.

Mar 5, 2004 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 13
I checked eBay, and there's one particular Canadian seller who's sold several copies of the album in the past few weeks, including one yesterday. He might have more. Otherwise, if you're willing to pay a premium, you could order from Chaos Unlimited UK.

Mar 5, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Is there a site somewhere i can get a sample of their music? i like trance.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2004 at 6:56 AM Post #7 of 13
There's a used copy on Ebay now, the current bid is 8 cents. Also, Saikosounds has it for $12.95. I've ordered from them before, they're reliable, and they have samples of all Infected Mushroom songs. I have their Gathering CD, it's one of my favorite trance albums.

Mar 5, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by TeRrAPh0eNiX
Is there a site somewhere i can get a sample of their music? i like trance.
biggrin.gif

See my post above yours
smily_headphones1.gif

Also: Psyshop has a huge selection and samples. Philosomatika streams some great psy-trance. I listen to it to least a couple of hours every day.

Mar 5, 2004 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 13
Do yourself a favor and get BPMpire. Yes, their first two albums Classical Mushroom and The Gathering are usually considered the infected classics but IMHO BPMpire (it's their third album) is just too good to be passed up if you like the infected sound. This and the "other side" of Converting Vegetarians are the infected essence.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 13
Thanks for the suggestions, I will pick up BMPire also. Anyone else have any other recommendations. Ramtha, I also noticed that your avatar thingie has a picture of a hallucigen album... how do they compare to infected mushroom and whats some of their better works?

Mar 5, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 13
GAHHH!! I WANT MY DSL!!
Qwest said 2 MONTHS ago that we would have dsl available, but i'm still stuck with the same old SLOW 56k. I'm trying to play Philosomatika.com and i only get 2 seconds of sweet bass + drums
frown.gif

stupid qwest.. grr
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif

but i love it. it's teh awesome.

Mar 7, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #12 of 13
Yep, it's the cover of their album The Lone Deranger.

I wouldn't say Hallucinogen is better than Infected or the other way around, but they do take a very different approach to psychedelic trance. Take Infected, remove the numerous breaks, funky melodies and just generally humorous atmoshpere, then add evermorphing, neverending insane melodies and an either really dark or uplifting atmosphere and you're in hallucinogen territory.

There are no better works from hallucinogen. Simon Posford (yes, the guy who, together with Raja Ram is Shpongle, too) has constantly been been making nothing short of awesome stuff.

If you're looking for album or song names, check out the reviews section on www.psynews.org.

Mar 22, 2004 at 8:41 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Ramtha604
and the "other side" of Converting Vegetarians are the infected essence.
smily_headphones1.gif

This individual knows whats up. I have all the Infected Mushroom albums ripped (Mp3's, LAME) and that one is my fav. oh man it's incredible, find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back