Need in-ear headphones...
Sep 15, 2007 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mekholm

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm know this is'nt the first time this q comes up. However I searched around the forum and could'nt quite find what I am looking for. So, what I want:

In-ear
SHORT cable (preferably necklace or as short that it would be suitable to wear them with my own necklace)
Bass (have Sennheiser PX250 and the bass is good but I would like some more if that's possible for in-ear)
closed (I guess all in-are are that?)
Price: 40~120 USD

(I like my senheiser, it's just that I wanna have something smaller sometimes)
Thanks a bunch!

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 12
* Creative EP630/Sennheiser CX300 (Get the Creative one, they're the same type of earphones but with Sennheiser, you're paying double for the Sennheiser name). $40-$80 with 9mm Dynamic Neodymium Diapharagms.

* V-Moda "Metal" $100 Earphones. Noise Isolation and In-Ear Design, MP3-friendly

* Shure SE110--Consumer version of E2 with a Dynamic Neodymium Diapharagm of 7-9mm but will use "universal" Shure sleeves instead of "E2" sleeves, will have modular cable and PTH capability. $100 USD

* Ultimate Ears Metro-Fi: Lowest of all UE universal IEMs. $100 or less. Uses a Dynamic Diapharagm of 9mm or smaller.

* Creative Zen: $100 Earphones from Creative with enhanced noise isolation

That's all I can think for now...

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 12
vesther;3278558 said:
with a Dynamic Neodymium Diapharagm of 7-9mm but will use "universal" Shure sleeves instead of "E2" sleeves, will have modular cable and PTH capability.QUOTE]

sorry but I did'nt really understad anything of that (not native english speaking as you might noticed and also complete hi-fi noob!) Thanks for the answer tho! Looking at the recomended headphones at this moment.

The v-moda I found was called: "v-moda Remix Metal Class", is this it?

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 12
Ok, so I think it'll be v-moda "vibe". 1 question: Are they more isolating than PX250? (i guess all the sennheiser with same construction as PX250)
I read that they are not very isolating for an IEM, but I don't have any to compare with so....

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 12
I would highly recommend the super.fi 3 live. I have a pair of these a long with my triple.fi and I think the bass is pretty good, the cord is 46 inches, which is about as short as they come, but it is also replaceable, meaning you can call tech support and just get a new cable sent to you if they get ruined. The style is not quite as high as the vibez and I cannot compare their sound quality as I have never heard them. The general consensus on the super.fi 3 is that it is of good mid-fi quality though and I have no problems listening to them to complain of.

I bought some about three months ago on ebay in red for $68. I am sure you can still find them for that price around there.

Yep, found them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Ears-Su...QQcmdZViewItem

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #6 of 12
DO NOT but the Vibes! For $40 more, get a pair of Atrio M5s or M8s via ebay (just search for them). Offer $130 to the seller, roaddogonline, and $10 S&H. You won't be sorry, if it's bass you want. Read over the Atrio thread. The Vibes are worth $30, if that. I owned them, sold them. No comparison SQ-wise with the Atrios. Save up the money and buy the Atrios.

Sep 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #7 of 12
alright...so...too late. I already bought them Vibes...Please tell me I did'nt do THAT big of a mistake? From what I read they are pretty good.. (payed 50 bucks). If they really suck I guess I will buy other ones.
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #8 of 12
mmm you shoulda waited for the SE110's. The SE--- Models all come with a short cord and extensions if you need them. Also many people found the e2c's bassy, so I'm sure the SE110's would have been too.

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 12
The E3s might be worth a look. Most folks say they are bassier than average, but many don't like the SQ. The cable management is excellent.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mekholm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alright...so...too late. I already bought them Vibes...Please tell me I did'nt do THAT big of a mistake? From what I read they are pretty good.. (payed 50 bucks). If they really suck I guess I will buy other ones.
frown.gif

For $50, might be worth it. Guess you bought them used, right? I had the original silver models (first gen), sold them, and the USPS lost them them in transit (more likely someone stole them), Never saw them again. Had to refund the $50 to the buyer (I had delivery notification on them, but it said the address was wrong).

But for less than $50 ($38), the PK3 ear buds sound way better. Not sure about Shures, since I have never owned them. Anyway, maybe you will like the Vibe sound sig.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 12
The SE110s were a major improvement over stock ipod earbuds from my listening. Etymotic Research makes some great ones, too, though out of your budget range. Try a few on in stores if you can since the fit can be a bit finicky per person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back