Need in ear headphones for around $100
May 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Fenderguy12

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy new headphones for around 100 dollars. I'm feeling sorta overwhelmed by the ammount there is out there. I've found three different headphones that seem to be good and just wanted to see what your guyss opinions are. First is Bose IE2, skull candy heavy medal, and the shure s4. I listen to mainly rock and metal.

May 9, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 2
How about a pair of Brainwavz M2?  They are my current favorite in the sub $100 category.

Here is what they have going for them:

1.)  They sound awesome.  They are mids rich, bass balanced, and have a slight but pleasing downward tilt in the treble.

Charts:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BrainwavzM2.pdf

Pretty flat frequency response for a $65 IEM.  They seal well, have no ringing in the impulse response, and deliver accurate square wave reproduction with a good amount of damping in the harmonics.

2.)  They are built well
I use them at work all of the time.  The cord is strain relieved both at the jack and ear piece end.  The driver covers unscrew so you can clean the driver filters out when they become clogged.  They are only $65-$80 which means they are more affordable if you break them and want to replace them.

Due to the excellent mid range and great bass these will be awesome for your listening tastes.  I like them for everything, but especially for rock and metal.  You can feel the kick drum, but still hear the vocals.

If you do go with a pair of Brainwavz M2 be sure to pick up a pair of Comply T-400 Foam tips ( $15 for 3-pair ).  They will add some much needed comfort and give you a better seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back