need iem's for small ears with good bass
Aug 28, 2007 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mik000000

100+ Head-Fier
I know this thread is very similar to others that have been here. But the other threads focussed on the the comfort factor (very important) rather than the sound.

I am currently using V-MODA Bass Freq for my portable rig. I have removed the grills and these phones are better than their rep. Having said that, I was looking for some iem/canalphones that would have the bass punch that the Bass-freq’s do, but have a little more balance as well.
I bought a set of Metro.fi 2’s and they sound great, but don’t fit.. Seems I have small ears.
So I need phones that are similar in size to the bass freq, and good bass, but more balanced sound.

Any ideas?

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 6
If it's your ear canals that are small, you're likely to have a difficult time finding something comfortable. I've found the smallest Shure soft-flex tips to be comfortable enough for the rare times I deliberately put foreign objects into my ears. They fit onto various IEMs/canalphones. Good luck!

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 6
My friend with the freakishly small ears manages to use V-Moda Vibes with the smallest sillicone ear tips and Etymotics ER6i's with short Comply foams. They both stick out of the ears a little bit more because of her ear size, and neither would be likely to provide Bass Freq levels of bass, but those are two small possibilities.

The Jays are very small, too -- can't vouch for the bass, though ... maybe someone who has can comment, or you can check threads regarding them.

If ear size is a major issue, you might have to consider portable headphones instead of in-ears ...

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #4 of 6
FX33's w/Orange Foamies!

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 6
use the v-moda bass freq tips on the UE metro.fi's if they'll fit. Might I ask how you removed the metal grills? I'm very interested as I think doing this to a pair of Creative EP-630's, and btw I don't know how the Bass Freq's sound at all, but I really like the EP-630's.

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
use the v-moda bass freq tips on the UE metro.fi's if they'll fit. Might I ask how you removed the metal grills? I'm very interested as I think doing this to a pair of Creative EP-630's, and btw I don't know how the Bass Freq's sound at all, but I really like the EP-630's.

there is a small metal grill on the bass freq. I pried it out with a jeweller's screwdriver. I kept the grills in case i wanted to put them back in, but am not sure they would go back. But is not an issue as i like the sound better anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back