need iem recommendations from those who used both x3 & x3i
Feb 12, 2008 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tjumper78

Headphoneus Supremus
i dont really have much experience with iem's. the only ones i've used were ibuds, bose in-ear, mylarone x3 and x3i.
i really liked the details of x3 but i wish it had more bass. x3i's detail is not that good compared to x3's and its bass is too strong and muddy for my taste. i re-cabled my x3i with silver coated copper wires and the bass became even stronger. it's a bass monster
eek.gif

i need iem's that has
1. good details like x3
2. good punchy bass thats not as strong as x3i's. something that falls in between x3's bass and x3i's.
my budget is $50~$75. i might be able to stretch it out to $100.

please give me some suggestions~!
thank you.

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 7
You are not going to find something that meets your criteria in that price range. The Mylars are the king in SQ below $100 IMHO. I have the X3 and the X3i and always felt the same way you do. I did not find anythign that met my needs until I bought the Denon C700. They have the details of the X3 and the bass of the X3i (not as boomy, but tight and controlled). The Denon C700 will set you back $134.11 though:

Denon AH-C700

Sorry about your wallet!

Feb 13, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 7
I have experienced the same thing with my X3 and X3i IEMs and have been contemplating getting a different set of phones.

I have read some good reports about the Future Sonics Atrio M5/M8 IEMs, but have not heard them.

Feb 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 7
recabling x3i with silver coated copper wires gave me even bigger bass. (i was hoping for the opposite)
maybe recabling x3 with the same wires might give me better bass but it's something that i dont want to experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back