Need IEM recommendation.
Jan 6, 2015 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zernan

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, can you help recommend an IEM for me that have the following criteria. I also have the original Vsonic GR07 and a Audio Technica M50x. My sources are iPhone 6 Plus and iPod Classic. I don't use any portable amp as I don't want anything bulky when I am traveling.

- comfortable to use for long periods of time.
- with an in-line remote.and mic.
- between US$200 to $300.
- detachable or non-detachable cables are okay with me.
- not too bassy

I used to like the sound of my GR07 a lot before I tried the ATH-m50x. So, I prefer an IEM that sounds a lot like the ATH-m50x and not the GR07 which I now find too bassy for me.

I am looking at the RHA T10i, but the recent reviews I read mentioned that it has too much bass. I've also considered the Senn IE80i and the UE900s. But I do not know how these IEMs sound like.

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Wow I just fell on this thread after being done writing my review of the week. This week I tested the MA750i by RHA. Those are my favorite IEM in the price range. They are price tagged at 150$ in my country (Canada). They are exactly what you described above. I wore them for over 6 hours without even feeling them in my ears. They have an in-line microphone and controller but you can get the version without it for 140$ CAD (only 10$ CAD difference). They are audiophile IEM so don't expect an overflow of bass. The soundstage and comfort are probably their main assets. You won't regret it my friend.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you for the suggestion. I am looking more into the RHA T10i rather than the MA750i though. But will try to audition them if I could fin one in a store...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back