Need IEM gift advice!
Dec 10, 2009 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Landis

Headphoneus Supremus
My brother is looking for a pair of IEMs for Christmas and has asked for the Monster Turbines; from what I understand, they're not terrible for under the $100 mark, but I'm curious if I could find him something better. I hate IEMs (comfort issue), so I'm useless for this.

His music tastes (from most liked and on): Alternative rock, punk, electronic and hip-hop.

He had a pair of what I believe to be one of the Sennheiser CX series (Actually, could have been an IE4), but he reverted back to his stock iBuds. I'm assuming he wants something that is fun sounding and durable.

At work I have access to a limited amount of IEMs; Sennheisers (up to IE6), UE Superfi 4, Monster's full range, Apple IEM and Shures (up to SE210). If any of these fit the bill, then that'd be great as costs prices on these will be around 50-75% off MSRP. If something else fits the bill around my budget, then that'd be great too.

Budget: $150 CND

Dec 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #2 of 2
From what I've tried, I would not recommend either Super fi 4, ADDIEM or lower level Shures for his musical tastes, as all of them have lighter bass and less "fun" presentation overall. Monster Turbines may actually be the best for him out of all IEM's that you've listed, although I don't know much about IE6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back