need IEM for hardcore rock and guitar based music
Apr 1, 2012 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cck5

500+ Head-Fier
looking to buy a new iem for hardcore rock and other guitar based genres of music

looking to spend $150USD used

i have already owned the mtpg and enjoyed them a bit, was curious if anything out there might be better.

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #2 of 11
http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Try asking your question there. You might want to look into the TF10.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
I liked the TF10 more than both the MTPC and the MTPG, but I guess we're all different like that.

I think it's all about sound preference, I like how the MTPG has pretty controlled bass with decay needed for drum attacks. However, it has waaay too much bass for me, so yeah. 

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #7 of 11
Umm... what do you mean by hardcore rock?

I ask as your musical preference determines my recommendation.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #10 of 11
Read the GR07, JVC FXT90 and Panasonic HJE900 threads for more info but those 3 have the best distortion guitar, by far, over anything else I've heard. The panasonic is very hard to find now and the for sale forum is your best bet for that one.

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
i mean bands like carnifex, suffokate, stick to your guns, whitechapel.

Ah, deathcore and hardcore punk? Then see below.

Quote:
Read the GR07, JVC FXT90 and Panasonic HJE900 threads for more info but those 3 have the best distortion guitar, by far, over anything else I've heard. The Panasonic is very hard to find now and the for sale forum is your best bet for that one.

What he said. I've not heard the HJE900, but have read many reports about it being the perfect IEM for more extreme genres. I thought the GR07 and FXT90 were perfect for this. Like shotgunshane says, they a way of rendering guitar distortion which really give them an edge (particularly so with the FXT90s).

Both the GR07 and the FXT90 have bass extension, impact and speed enough to shine with those generes. In my personal experience, the GR07 reproduces drums better, whilst the FXT90 shines with heavy riffing. I don't listen to deathcore, but loved grindcore and hardcore punk through the FXT90s. Death metal was a treat too. They have a forward, aggressive signature which does those genres justice.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back