Need IEM between 75-200 dollars
Mar 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I like to listen to a lot of classic Rock as well as some 90's rock etc. For example, I like The Beatles, Nirvana, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I intend to purchase an 80GB Ipod Classic and I need a good set of portable IEMs to take with it.

First off, is there any IEM's better for me than the Super.Fi 5 Pro's? They seem to be popular in the category.

Also, how much different are the SF5 Pro's than the SF5EB and in what ways?

Are audio techina IEMs as good as their headphones? Specifically the ATH-CK9..

I am also considering the Sennheiser CX500's. Any other IEMs I should consider? Thanks.

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 13
Also, how much different in terms of comfort are these iems

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off, is there any IEM's better for me than the Super.Fi 5 Pro's?

I think that SF5 Pro would be the best for you, but everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure you will get other suggestions.

Quote:

The SF5 EB is larger and has much more bass, although some report that the bass is muddy or overwhelming and sacrifices detail.

In terms of comfort, some don't mind the SF5, others find it really uncomfortable. I find it decently comfortable, although not as comfortable as some of my other IEMs.

I would go with the SF5 Pro. I find that it really sounds good with the bands that you mentioned.

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 13
Is there any difference besides color in these two?

Newegg.com - Ultimate Ears IF-P5PSB0004-02 3.5mm Connector Canal Super.fi 5 Pro Black Earphones
Newegg.com - Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 PRO 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Canal Earphone (White)

Also, how much of a downgrade is the SF3? It's about half the price
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 13
UE SF5Pro are bulky. They won't fit my ears. But if they fit yours, I believe they do sound awesome.

You might want to look at Future Sonic Atrio M5/M8. They are also very popular here.

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Newegg.com - Ultimate Ears IF-P5PSB0004-02 3.5mm Connector Canal Super.fi 5 Pro Black Earphones
Newegg.com - Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 PRO 3.5mm/ 6.3mm Connector Canal Earphone (White)

wink.gif

There is no difference between the two besides color. Don't get them from there, though.. those prices are too high. The packaging on the white pair also is one that I have not seen.. All pairs I have gotten come in a cardboard box, not a blister pack.

My girlfriend has the SF3 Studio and it is a huge downgrade from the SF5 Pro. If you want nice full bass and have the money, get the SF5 Pro.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 13
What other retailers have it cheaper that are domestic? I don't really want to buy overseas.

Mar 21, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr3sH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE SF5Pro are bulky. They won't fit my ears. But if they fit yours, I believe they do sound awesome.

Haha, my ears must be huge cause I have the Triple.fi's and they almost go all the way in my ears. Super.fi's are excellent! I'd go with the Pro's instead of the EB's just because of the added clarity, diminished size and better isolation.

Mar 21, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

wink.gif

UE offers 2 different type of boxes on the 5 pros and eb's, there is nothing different except for the plastic ones are a lot harder to open. We just carry the box ones which are the way to go. The SF3 will be a step down in all categories compared to the 5 pros as long as you have a good seal.

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 13
How much better are the triples than the SF5? It seems a bit out of price range, but I'm curious.

Also notice that you have the best price w/ shipping on Amazon. If I buy, will likely be from you
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

First off, is there any IEM's better for me than the Super.Fi 5 Pro's? They seem to be popular in the category.

Are audio techina IEMs as good as their headphones? Specifically the ATH-CK9..

I am also considering the Sennheiser CX500's. Any other IEMs I should consider? Thanks.

Ety ER-4 and SF5 Pro seems like major competitors in that price range. Etys surely have resolution of big cans and flat (natural) frequency curve. They were the first IEM that have seriously impressed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back