Need Ideas for Next Pair of Headphones
May 6, 2021 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

brnord

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone -

I currently have a pair of HD6xx that I use with an ifi Micro iDSD Black Label and also pair of Sennheiser Momentum 3's. I listen to mostly rock, metal, country (generally 70's-90's country mixed with some newer artists that haven't gone "radio pop country") - but really have music from every genre...classical to rap to metal.

I'm almost ashamed to admit I used the M3's more than the 6xx/BL combo - even sitting at my desk. Part of it is definitely the convenience of putting them on and listening meetings, but they are also more "fun" to listen to for a lot of music. Vocals don't seem as "far away" and the deep V sound profile is definitely fun. Although, there are some songs where I just have to listen to them with the 6xx.

I'm looking to add (not replace) something that's either just "different" from what I have or suits my taste and music really well, but I don't know what that should be. Considered an HD800s because that's definitely different - but might be only used situationally given my tastes.

What suggestions do you have for me?

May 7, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 3
A tube headphone amplifier, for the 300-Ohm HD6XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back