Need how-to: Revo to Art DI/O
Oct 13, 2003 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Thump

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a used Art DI/O (stock so far). My source is the M-Audio Revolution in my computer, the destination is an RVK Mrk II headphone amp. I'm not getting any music and wonder if anyone has any tips on the mistakes I made in setup. Here's what I've done:

1) From soundcard, a digital IC from the S/PDIF out to the S/PDIF in on the DI/O (signalcable brand) .

2) From output 1/4" jacks on DI/O, through a pair of Radio Shack 1/4" to RCA MONO adapters to a standard RCA pair of interconnects to headphone amp.

Result: No music at all. Some hum on higher sample rates. I turned input gain up, tried reconnecting everything several times, stopped CD player (to reset DI/O?).

Is there some setting I have to change on the M-Audio Revolution to enable its S/PDIF output? I can't find anything in the manual or on their site.

Should I have gotten stereo adapters? I assumed mono was correct since its one adapter per channel.

Nothing like getting a new toy and not being able to get it to work.

Oct 13, 2003 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 5
for some reason you have to press the sample rate change button really fast and cycle through to what you want to get a signal lock. i don't quite understand it but it's not to hard once you get the hang of it.

Oct 13, 2003 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 5
The Revo doesn't output analog and digital at same time so you have to change the Revo to output digital signal. It's in the control panel for the soundcard. It's been a while since I changed mine. I think it's in the pull down for the speakers setting.

For the DI/O, put it on external sync which would be the green light.

Oct 14, 2003 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Let us know what you think, is the art dio a good improvement over your revo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back