Need high quality round head/clip on headphones
Mar 19, 2016 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tgd4815

New Head-Fier
Hey. I cycle a lot (nowhere near traffic, don't worry) and need a pair of headphones I can wear while wearing a helmet. Obviously this excludes over the head ones. Additionally I hate any in ear/earbud style headphone as they are either uncomfortable or unreliable in terms of staying in.

What I want is an expensive (up to $300), high quality headphone that goes either behind the neck or clips on to the ear. I have fairly high standards for audio and want as neutral a sound as possible but with enough kick to not sound like typical portable headphones. Bluetooth would be nice as an option but not essential. The important thing is the audio quality, being able to wear a helmet and nothing being inside my ears. My options seem bleak and I'd love any help.

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 6
What about ear buds that sit at the entrance to the auditory canal (as opposed to going down into the canal)? Wouldn't those work better with your helmet?

I could wear them if I had to, but it's certainly not my preferance. I never find them as comfortable as just some on ear pads and often have them fall out. From the looks of things I may have to settle though.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 6
All I am aware of are Bluetooth around-the-neck earbuds--not what you are seeking at all. Sorry I can't be of more help.
frown.gif
 What you are looking for is a bit of an unusual item for this board, as I am sure you are aware. Maybe bump it at some point and see if someone else comes along that has the knowledge we need for you. Good luck.

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 6
All I am aware of are Bluetooth around-the-neck earbuds--not what you are seeking at all. Sorry I can't be of more help. :frowning2:  What you are looking for is a bit of an unusual item for this board, as I am sure you are aware. Maybe bump it at some point and see if someone else comes along that has the knowledge we need for you. Good luck.

Appreciate the response. I could maybe pass on the wireless aspect as long as the cable is replaceable. The issue is cycling kills every headphone wire I've used eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back