need helps with maudio usb audiophile's new driver
Nov 2, 2006 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hysteria

New Head-Fier
my usb audiophile can't work with the new driver, it shows 'device not connected' when openning the usb audiophile control panel and foobar can't find the device either. but in system device manager everything is ok, the device is there and the driver looks ok. when i reinstalled the old driver the device works fine in my system.
i wonder what could be the problem here. i connect the usb audiophile to a Fujitsu laptop with winxp sp2.

thanks for any help.

Nov 2, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria
my usb audiophile can't work with the new driver, it shows 'device not connected' when openning the usb audiophile control panel and foobar can't find the device either. but in system device manager everything is ok, the device is there and the driver looks ok. when i reinstalled the old driver the device works fine in my system.
i wonder what could be the problem here. i connect the usb audiophile to a Fujitsu laptop with winxp sp2.

thanks for any help.

i've had this before.. i dont' remember exactly what i did, but it i does work.. sometimes the audiophile usb behaves like that. go to live lite and change it to asio. the go to the audio and sound devices control panel and click the audiophile usb 1/2 for analogue and spdif for digital signal. then go to the audiophile usb control panel and make sure it's connected. if all else fails, turn things off and on and try again.

Nov 2, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
i've had this before.. i dont' remember exactly what i did, but it i does work.. sometimes the audiophile usb behaves like that. go to live lite and change it to asio. the go to the audio and sound devices control panel and click the audiophile usb 1/2 for analogue and spdif for digital signal. then go to the audiophile usb control panel and make sure it's connected. if all else fails, turn things off and on and try again.

just one question, what does 'go to live lite and change it to asio' mean?

Nov 2, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 6
mine does this too on my desktop, but it still plays even if it shows not connected.

but on my dell d600, it always shows the right status.

either case plays fine so i just ignore it.

Nov 3, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria
just one question, what does 'go to live lite and change it to asio' mean?

live lite was a disk software mixer that came with my audiophile. while it's normally not on, the software changes made actually stay with the computer and are applied to the audiophile usb's output. you go to options and find preferences and make sure it's on asio.

Nov 3, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 6
There could be a driver conflict. I know when I setup my transit with ASIO/Foobar, I had to go in and find and manually delete old asio drivers (Creative software residuals, in my case). Once I did that, everything worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back