Need helping finding super bassy headphones for around $300-$400
Sep 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KeyboardMonkey

New Head-Fier
Hello HeadFi! Noob here,

I've been so split in my search for headphones and I need someone to push me in the right direction.

I listen to lots of electronic music, EDM, Trap, Dubstep and love bass in my headphones and am very sensitive to high treble.

After doing a lot of research I settled on the Phillips Fidelio X1 headset and while they have a ton of detail and are just overall good headphones, I was disappointed with the lack of impact on the bass. I want a headphone that has a stupid amount of bass but also does well in mids and highs for around $300-$400.

I've been eyeballing the sony xb1000 but have heard mixed reviews about the sound quality.

Any suggestions?

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 3
If I remember correctly, the Denon AH-D340 has STUPID amounts of bass. 
I think literally the most I've ever heard from a headphone in terms of bass to mid/treble ratio. 
I would add that to your potential list if the #1 goal is lol-inducing amounts of bass.

Sep 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 3
check out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

scroll down to see rankings based on amount of bass.  J.V.C HA-SZ2000/1000 would probably be your best bet as they provide the most bass.  You would want to drive them with something like an E12, and this would still come in under your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back