need help
Jan 15, 2009 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jweather

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a DAP with good SQ, Ive been looking on this forum for days now trying to get as much info as possible to make a good decision. I see a lot of people liking the sony's, I went to the web page and see the A, S, and E series and trying to figure out the diff. if any one know can you please tell me which series is better. The other problem a face is that im going away this weekend and wanted to see if you guys could recommend a player that i can just pick up in a local store (im in new Jersey), I know BB and CC sells the e series sony, sansa and creative but really dont know which one to get . My current IEM are the triple.fi pros and if anyone else have the same IEM I would like to know what DAP are you using with it? I listen to Jazz, R&B and some Hiphop - if someone can help me out it would be appreciated.

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 8
Sansa Fuze or Clip. So this way you have enough $$$ left in your pocket when the new players come out...and that means you can afford the prices for the high capacity since flash is so expensive.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 8
I'd 2nd sugguestion of either the Sansa Fuse or Clip - IMO my Clip actually sounds better than my Sony A806, Sony A816 or iPod classic.

It's become my player of choice for the time being as it's cheap, sounds great (with decent headphones) and fairly well built.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #7 of 8
A81x - Drag and drop version of A80x, now discontinued
A82x - Bluetooth, no FM
A72x - None-Bluetooth version of A82x
S63x - FM radio, Playforsure video capable (eg. BBC iPlayer)
S73x - Like S63x but with Active Noise Cancelling
E4xx - Budget player, also Playforsure compatible

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jweather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks guys, I think ill try the sansa fuze, do any of you know how the fuze compares to the sony NWZ-S638 as far as SQ?

From what I've read...without having experience with either:

The s63x series seems to be a bit warmer and some say slightly exaggerated in both the highs and lows. Is this true? IDK

Both are said to have excellent sound quality though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back