Need help with wiring!
Dec 15, 2009 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

asianfi

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, new here so please don't mind the lack of knowledge!

Anyways, I was looking for a type of cable or splitter that would allow this setup

2jfhyt0.jpg

Basically I want the source (from pc) to split both ways, and if possible minimal loss of sq.

Suggestions or criticism are welcome, I haven't been able to find a solution to this.

Thanks in advance!
beyersmile.png

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 6
assuming you have the Martin Logan Purities (which are powered, and don't require an amp)...

you have a few options. one possibility would be:
1x 3.5''minijack->RCA converter
2x RCA->Dual RCA y-splitter
2 sets of RCA extension

you don't need anyth8ing special to connect the HD555's to the LD MK III

I sure hope a source upgrade is in your very near future!

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Appreciate the quick responses guys, and sorry about the lack of detail on input/output. I think I'm going for doug's suggestion - despite the excess cables amount of cables
smily_headphones1.gif

I was really hoping there was some sort of hub that splits the audio to multiple ports from the soundcard. As for my source, I'm looking to upgrade in the near future for a seperate dedicated source for the ML speakers.

Dec 16, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #5 of 6
assuming that you have digital out on your soundcard, I submit that you add one component - an outboard DAC! that would be better than the one built in to your soundcard. that pic below shows two outputs - one can go to your LD amp (RCA's). the XLR's can use RCA adapter and output to your ML's. Signal should be better than using an RCA splitter.

DAC_I-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back