Need help with the headphone line out on my PCDP
Sep 29, 2006 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, My sports walkman CD player that I jog with has a problem with the headphone jack. I have to arrange the headphone jack, twist it around, so that I hear complete sound. Is there a way to clean either the jack itself or the line out on the PCDP? I want to emphasize that the problem is not with the headphones, but the jack they are connected to.

Hell, I don't know the correct terms. Do you know the hole in the PCDP that the headphones plug into? There, how can I clean that hole, that area?

Sep 29, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Assuming your problem is a dirty jack, here is what I would recommend you do.

1. Get some contact cleaner/conditioner from your local electronics store (Radio Shack stuff is fine - we're not talking megabuck equipment here).

2. Turn off, and remove battery (if removable) from your player.

3. Spray some cleaner on your headphone plug, and insert/remove from the jack 4/5 times.

4.Wipe off plug to clean.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 a few times.

6. Listen to see if better.

Good luck.

Sep 29, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, I happened to be online when you posted your reply, I read it and followed the steps you outlined. Worked like a charm, the problem of the sound going in and out intermittently as the headphone jack moves around is completely gone.

My jogging will be a lot better now that I don't have to worry about adjusting the headphone jack every few minutes. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back